Thursday 4 August 2016

Undead vs Lizardmen

My final game of the CBBBL league was played last night vs my friend Phill's Lizardman team.  We were quite close in TV value as my best ghoul player was a MNG - I just induced a 4th reroll and left the team using three ghouls.

Phill and his feisty Lizardmen
I received in the first half and managed to get in a right mess straight away.  Phill managed to blitz the ball carrier and knocked the ball free and a skink ran in, picked up the ball and scampered out of reach.  I was having a terrible time trying to injure anyone, my Dirty Player zombie again failing to hurt anyone with his attempted fouls.  Phill scored in turn 6 of the first half and I couldn't equalise before half time.

For the 2nd half I did start knocking out some of his players and the lack of numbers meant I was able to put a little more pressure on him.  I got the ball off him and tried to break away but his skinks kept escaping and one-die blitzing the ball carrier and taking him down.  Eventually I got clear of them - he had one final chance to blitz with a saurus which scared me as he managed to get into my cage by dodging in on a roll of a 6!  Thankfully he could only push my ball carrier.  I hit him away in the final turn and scored to make it 1-1.

By drawing with Phill, my Undead finish 3rd in the Premier division of the CBBBL and that also meant that Phill's Lizardmen couldn't quite make the top four.  The final positions for the top four in each of the two divisions are :

Premier :

1st - Gork n' Mork United (Orc)
2nd - Gorerotted (Nurgle)
3rd - Lords of Midnight (Undead)
4th - Da New Ork Giants (Orc)

Championship :

1st - The Marvellous Avengers (Human)
2nd - Bloody Owls (Dwarf)
3rd - Grottingham Forest Goblins (Goblin)
4th - Gnoblin Steppes (Goblin)

The playoffs will start very soon once everyone had made their teams ready.  The games have already been set by the final league positions.

Game A : Gork n' Mork United vs Gnoblin Steppes
Game B : The Marvellous Avengers vs Da New Ork Giants
Game C : Bloody Owls vs Lords of Midnight
Game D : Gorerotted vs Grottingham Forest Goblins

I'm playing in Game C vs the rather meaty Dwarf team, the Bloody Owls.

Overall, I think the Undead team have done just about enough - they haven't been fantastic.  They are the only team in the league not to lose a game the whole season: they go unbeaten in twelve games: whether it will be enough to see them do well in the playoffs is something else though.  I haven't had a single stat increase for any of them which is often a key factor when playing in the playoffs.  I guess I will just have to take each game as it comes and do the best I can!

No comments:

Post a Comment