Thursday 17 December 2015

Mirror Mirror

My Goblins have finally gotten in another league game after two months - this Round 5 game was against my buddy Luke and his Goblin team, Grottingham Forest.  Both of our teams were very close in TV with only 10K difference between them.  This mirror match was going to be interesting!

"Let's do this!"
Fouling Griffons - Goblin

2 x Trolls (1 x Guard, 1 x ST6)
1 x Pogoer
1 x Fanatic
1 x Looney
1 x Bombardier
7 x Goblins
4 x Rerolls
1 x Apothecary

Grottingham Forest - Goblin

2 x Trolls
1 x Pogoer
1 x Fanatic
1 x Looney
8 x Goblins (1 x AG4, 2 x Catch)
4 x Rerolls
1 x Apothecary

Luke won the toss and he started punching the trolls on the LOS - but early on he tried a blitz with his Looney on my ST6 troll and rolled a kickback on the Chainsaw roll which meant he knocked himself out.  This gave me a chance to start attacking his players early than I thought I would and I managed to blitz the ball carrier with the now freed up ST6 troll.  I moved all my players away from his Fanatic and swamped the ball which meant I manage to break through his lines and get the jump on him.  I got some lucky punches and knocked out a few of his players and my own Looney started to get in on the action by chainsawing any goblins he could get near.  Luke was down on players fairly soon and I started heading towards his endzone but stalled out to try to keep my chainsaw on the field (as I would be forced to bring on either my Fanatic or Bombardier otherwise...)  By the end of the first half he only had two players left on the field as I went 1-0 up.

For the 2nd half Luke was reduced to 8 players vs my 11 and those numbers were reduced again as my Fanatic started swinging and knocking people over.  I got hold of the ball and moved up field and then tried throwing a bomb with my Bombardier.  His first attempt landed on an opposing goblin who failed to catch it which stunned him.  His 2nd bomb pass knocked out my own Fanatic and stunned another of my own goblins.  After that he was left to mark players!  I went 2-0 up around turn 4 and set up for Luke to receive.  Luke tried for a one-turn touchdown but the hand off attempt to a goblin near a troll failed - and after some cheeky blitzing one of my goblins ran in and picked up the ball in two tackle zones and scampered off with it.  Despite his best efforts, Luke couldn't stop him and I went 3-0 up in my turn 8 of the 2nd half.  For Luke's final turn, I set up my players so that he had a easier chance to get a consolation touchdown and it worked perfectly for him which was handy as he was totally out of rerolls.  The game ended 3-1.

My Looney had been punched by a troll and took a -1 MV injury so I sacked him and bought a replacement with my winnings.  I also bought another goblin to help try to keep the secret weapon goblins from needing to be fielded at inopportune times.


No comments:

Post a Comment