Thursday 3 December 2015

A Box of Sorrows

It's been a couple of months since my last tabletop game with my Undead team but they finally got back onto the pitch with a game vs my friend Erik and his Pro Elf team, The Lament Configuration.  I totally forgot to take a picture before the game started but, as Erik was borrowing my team, I'll put up a picture of my Pro Elf team instead.

The Lament Configuration - Away Strip
Erik last played against some Orcs so he was missing a few players on MNG's so he had needed to bring in some Journeymen to make up the numbers.  We rolled to see who would start the game and Erik won; he elected to receive so at least he could try to get a touchdown while he still had eleven players on the field.

It started well enough for him, as my team proved unable to cause any casualties (which then continued throughout the whole game) but were only good out stunning or knocking out players.  Erik got himself in a bit of a sticky situation with a Blitzer and a Catcher on the sideline which I surrounded.  Erik managed to throw the ball out of the mass of my players which led to him scoring - but not before I had pushed both of them into the crowd which caused a -1 MA on the Blitzer and a niggle on the Catcher.

1-0 up and Erik was defending with eight players vs my eleven.  I retrieved the ball and managed to do some hand offs to allow me to push up the field whilst bashing any elves in sight.  I continued to beat up his players and get them off the pitch into the knocked out box and scored on my turn eight to make it 1-1.

Erik had even less players on the field as he kicked off for the 2nd half and my Undead continued their proven tactic of knocking people out.  Erik also helped by dodging his players out of the way and watching them knock themselves out as they failed.  It was around this point that my Dirty Player zombie decided to get in on the action as the Undead started gang-fouling the few remaining players.  His boot went right through the head of one poor Elf catcher and killed him dead - which then gave me a free zombie.  By the time the end of the game was approaching, there was only one elf player left on the field and he was face down as my ghoul strolled over the line to make the score 2-1.

Erik started his final turn with just four players on the field - and his players were so woozy they were unable even to make a simple completion.

After the game, only one of my players had gained a skill.  It was the ghoul who had scored two touchdowns and also gotten the MVP award.  He now has Block.  This will be handy as my next game is against the Orc team Erik played previously!


No comments:

Post a Comment