Thursday 3 September 2015

Let's Get Ready To RUMBLE!!!



It's go time!  As I said in my last post, my first game of the season for my Undead team was a game against my mate Andrew and his Orc team.  Andrew is as much of a Blood Bowl addict as I am; of all the people in the Chelmsford Bunker, it's he who goes to most of the local tournaments with me.  He won the league last season so it was a good way to get things started.  Our team lineups were :
Lords of Midnight - Undead

2 x Mummies
2 x Wights
3 x Ghouls
4 x Zombies
3 x Rerolls

Da New Ork Giants - Orcs

4 x Blitzers
4 x Black Orc Blockers
1 x Thrower
1 x Troll
1 x Lineman
2 x Rerolls

"Nuffle's blessing upon this game!"
Andrew won the FAME roll but I won the toss so I elected to receive the ball.  I kept my three Ghouls in the backfield to collect the ball and started trying to punch a hole through the solid wall of Orcs but it was pretty ineffective.  Most of the half was spent trying to make a clear way through them but Andrew was canny and kept some players back.  As the turns ticked over, I had to force a break through his lines which results on my ball carrier getting knocked over.  Andrew surrounded the ball and I was left trying to silly tactics in the last turns to try to recover but those, rather expectedly, failed.  We ended the half 0-0 and with me having a knocked out Zombie.

For the 2nd half, I lined up three Zombies to take the punches at the LOS and kept the other players back a couple of squares ready to adapt to what Andrew threw at me - which was a shitload of orc fists!  One of his Black Orcs caused a Badly Hurt casualty on one of the Zombies which was regenerated to put me down to nine players whilst his Thrower recovered the ball and hid in a cage.  I threw some blocks and tried my best to defend as well as I could which was tricky being men down.  I did manage to push his Troll away from the cage though which meant he would be less inclined to move him in case he went Really Stupid.  It was around this time that Andrew ran out of rerolls - just at the point when one of his Black Orcs tried a two-die block against one of my Mummys.  The skull and both down result saw my Mummy on the floor and his Black Orc receiving a Niggling Injury. Andrew responded in the next turn by causing another casualty, this time one of my Wights who was badly hurt but who also Regenerated.  As the turns got closer to the end of the game, Andrew was under pressure to push forward but a one-die blitz on one of my Ghouls saw another skull result and I had my chance to block some players out of the way and hit the Thrower with a one-dice blitz which knocked him down and sent the ball flying.  Unfortunately for me the scatter saw the ball land in the middle of his players so there was no chance I would be able to get a player away to score so I just aimed to cause him problems with scoring himself.  The game ended a rather hard fought 0-0 draw!

Both of us had our fan factor go up and I earned 40K winnings whilst Andrew only got 20K even after adding the 10K for getting the FAME.  I got very lucky with my MVP roll though as it went to the Mummy who had caused the casualty on the Black Orc!  He rolled a normal skill so I have given him Guard for the next game.

For my next game for the Undead will be taking on the Nurgle team being coached by Sherwin the club President, but my next game will be the first outing for my Goblin team against some Humans in the Championship division.  I suspect that will be an entirely different type of game!

"The orc pain train is coming!  Choo-choo!"


1 comment:

  1. 'Twas a hard fought game. Both teams failed to get the breaks at the crucial moments. Very tactical game though, which is the kind I like.

    ReplyDelete